Statutes, Regulations & Laws
Understanding the legal basis for the Child Dependency System’s intervention into the lives of children and families clarifies the role of all parties involved in the process.
The following documents provide the definition of child abuse and neglect and explain the process of child dependency. They provide an overview of the various laws, statutes, regulations and procedural rules that govern the mandates of the Child Dependency System. These resources specify how investigations of abuse or neglect must occur and outline the services that should be provided to children and families.
Important Federal & State Documents
- The Child Protective Services Law
- The Juvenile Act
- The Juvenile Court Procedural Rules
- Protection From Abuse Act
- Adoption Act
- Megan’s Law
- Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980
- Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997
- Indian Child Welfare Act
- Indian and Child Protection and Family Violence Act
- Act 14 of 2019