Statutes, Regulations & Laws
Understanding the legal basis for the Child Dependency System’s intervention into the lives of children and families clarifies the role of all parties involved in the process.
This section provides an overview of the various laws, statutes, regulations, and procedural rules that govern the mandates of the Child Dependency System.
These resources specify how abuse or neglect investigations must occur and outline the services to be provided to children and families.
The documents listed below are federal and state documents that govern child dependency in Pennsylvania.
Important Federal & State Documents
- The Child Protective Services Law
- The Juvenile Act
- The Juvenile Court Procedural Rules
- Protection from Abuse Act
- Adoption Act
- Megan’s Law
- Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980
- Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997
- Indian Child Welfare Act
- Indian and Child Protection and Family Violence Act
- Act 14 of 2019